| 3 min read
We keep on updating our list with useful apps for Brussels, but now there's also an app that tries to combine all those functionalities within one general application so that you always have Brussels in your pocket. My Brussels App has been developped by the Brussels Capital Region and is available for iPhone and Android. In this article we'll briefly give an overview of its many utilities:
- Weather forecast: Always good to know what to expect, because weather conditions can change quickly!
- Itinerary: Plan your trip and find the quickest way to reach your destination
- Useful numbers: Police, emergency services, doctors on call, poison unit.. and many more
- Bruzz & Bx1: Overview of the most recent news articles concerning Brussels
- Info Covid-19: Updates on the latest safety measures
- Regional Government: Our ministers and secretaries of state, and their contact details
- Administrative procedures: Information for Brussels citizens and companies about a wide variety of topics and procedures
- Traffic: Check the current traffic situation to avoid getting stuck in traffic jam
- Waste collection: Overview of the different waste collections in your area
- Sorting guide: Not sure in which bin to throw a certain item? Check the sorting guide to find out.
- Recypark: Select a waste disposal and check its opening hours
- Useful links: MyHealth, MyPension, MyBEnefits, Housing Grants, Energy bonuses, IRISbox, MyTax.brussels, My Actiris.brussels
- Events: Overview of events happening in your area
- Fix My Street: Report incidents in the Brussels public spaces and participate in the improvement of our city
- IRISbox: Consult online documents, request documents and carry out administrative procedures online
- LEZ Brussels: Check if your vehicle can circulate in the LEZ of the Brussels Region
- Hotspots Wifi.Brussels: Overview of public Wifi hotspots
- Movie theaters: Overview of the movie theaters & new releases
- Animal shelter: Want to adopt a pet? Here's an overview of shelters that you may want to contact.
- Day care for babies: The different care facilities with their addresses and contact details
- Pharmacies on duty: Overview of places where you can go if you urgently need a certain medicine
- Better Bike Brussels: Overview of useful facilities for cyclists, such as Villo! stations, parking spots, bike pumps, bike and repair stores, water fontains...
- Villo! Stations: Select your most frequent Villo station and follow up how many bikes and parking spaces remain available
- Cirkwi: touristic activities and facilities in Belgium
- Senior Housing: Overview of senior housing, with their addresses and contact details
- Accessiblity PRM: Look up if a certain place is easily accessible for people in a wheelchair or those visually impaired
- Smartcity Brussels: Updates about Brussels as a Smart City
As you can see, the app offers not only official information, but also suggestions on things to do in your free time. You can personalise the app based on your own preferences, so that you can quickly access the services that are most useful to you. The plan is also that in the future you'll receive information from your commune via the My Brussels app.
Do you have questions? Did you experience something similar? Did you notice a mistake? Please share!